Operating system: Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10
Free hard drive space: at least 16 GB
RAM: at least 4 GB
Gira Logicmodule v1: Configuration/start-up and maintenance functions
Logic Module: Saving retentive data
Retentive data is saved by the Logic Module every 15 minutes. Within this timespan, all data may be lost in the event of power failure.
Logic Module: Provision of physical address requires application download
The Logic Module provides three physical addresses, the device address and 2 additional addresses. When the physical address is programmed within the ETS, only the device address is adopted. The two additional addresses are only adopted after downloading the application program.
Logic Module: One-time delay for first event
After project download, the Logic Module responds to the first event with a delay of approx. 1 second.
GPA: Service "127.0.0.1" is not available“
A solution description is specified in the "Troubleshooting" directory.
This is found in the installation directory of the Gira Project Assistant.
Example: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Gira\Gira Project Assistant\1.0\Troubleshooting"
GPA: It takes a very long time until the Gira Project Assistant has started
Please delete the content of the Temp directory on your PC. You can do this as follows:
- Close your Gira Project Assistant.
- Start Windows Explorer (Windows button + E).
- Click on the local data drive on which Windows was installed – usually this is "local drive (C:)".
- Right mouse button -> Properties.
- Click on the "Clean" button on the "General" tab.
- Select "Temporary files".
- Click on OK, confirm the query and delete the files.
- Start the Gira Project Assistant.
Known errors of the Gira Logic Module
Scene cannot be triggered/saved via the scene set communication object 4500 to 4520. To trigger/save a scene, please use a group address data point that you enter in the Gira Project Assistant scene editor under "Trigger". There is a further option to trigger/save a scene on a logic page. For this, use the data point "Scene Set x - Execute"/"Scene set x - Teach".
Known errors of the Gira Project Assistant (GPA)
- Please observe that when entering the specification value (data point view), the entered value is not checked. For a correct entry, please observe the example text and the tool tip.
In addition, the entry is different to further entries, for example in the logic editor or timer editor. Please always comply with the format required by the editor.
- In isolated cases, the command "Delete application data" may be automatically reset during the commissioning procedure. To reset a meter, choose the option "Restart with initial value" in the logic editor on the meter node and assign the input with a corresponding data point.
- Variable data points of type integer that are assigned a default value ignore this default value in the logic application. If you require a variable data point with a default value in your application, please use the type byte, Word, DWord or Float. You can connect this type with an integer input via the type converter module.
- With manual IP address provision, no address for the DNS server can be entered. The device also uses the standard gateway address for the DNS server.
- Values that are written on a variable data point in simulation mode will not be forwarded. This only applies to the simulation. The variable data points function as normal on the Logic Module.
- If the Gira Logic Module time zone is changed, the "Transfer settings" button must be clicked. A commissioning must also be carried out to activate the reset time zone.
- If several GPA windows are simultaneously opened, and a device is deleted for example from the project, the simultaneously opened GPA entity may crash.
- If group address information that has not been assigned any communication object in the ETS project is converted via drag and drop to a data point, the data type(KNX) = 1.x 1.xxx and therefore also the data point type "binary" is automatically set.