Operating system: Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10
Free hard drive space: at least 16 GB
RAM: at least 4 GB
Gira Logicmodule v1: Configuration/start-up and maintenance functions
Gira G1 v1: Maintenance functions
"Maintenance functions" refers to firmware updates, restarts and factory resets which are carried out through the Action Center (GPA menu -> Action Center).
What's new in V1.2
- Gira Logic Module V1.2: Important update. The following errors have been eliminated:
- Logic Module problems during time changeover (summer/winter time) solved.
- Scenes can now be called via communication objects.
- Gira G1: The G1 firmware can be updated in the Action Center.
You can also reset the G1 to factory setting or initiate a restart in the Action Center.
- The "firmware update" dialogue was renamed the "Action Center".
- More robust read-in of KNXPROJ files within the data point view.
- The most important GPA functions can be achieved by means of keyboard operation.
- Group addresses which do not specify the size can optionally be created as a data point.
- Entering the DNS server address during manual IP address assignment is now supported.
- Rocket mode allows all logic nodes to be displayed on one logic page.
- The trigger data point can be deleted again in the scene editor.
- Data points can be copied/added within the data point view.
- The GPA version is displayed on the project tile if the project was created with Version 1.0.
Logic Module: Saving retentive data
Retentive data is saved by the Logic Module every 15 minutes. Within this timespan, all data may be lost in the event of power failure.
Logic Module: Provision of physical address requires application download
The Logic Module provides three physical addresses, the device address and 2 additional addresses. When the physical address is programmed within the ETS, only the device address is adopted. The two additional addresses are only adopted after downloading the application program.
Logic Module: One-time delay for first event
After project download, the Logic Module responds to the first event with a delay of approx. 1 second.
GPA: Service "127.0.0.1" is not available“
A solution description is specified in the "Troubleshooting" directory.
This is found in the installation directory of the Gira Project Assistant.
Example: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Gira\Gira Project Assistant\1.2\Troubleshooting"
Known errors of the Gira Project Assistant (GPA)
- Projects created with GPA V1.2 can no longer be read using GPA V1.0. We recommend uninstalling GPA Version V1.0 and no longer using it for future projects.
- Please observe that when entering the specification value (data point view), the entered value is not checked. For a correct entry, please observe the example text and the tool tip. In addition, the entry is different to further entries, for example in the logic editor or timer editor. Please always comply with the format required by the editor.
- Values that are written on a variable data point in simulation mode will not be forwarded. This only applies to the simulation. The variable data points function as normal on the Logic Module.
- If the Gira Logic Module time zone is changed, the "Transfer settings" button must be clicked. A commissioning must also be carried out to activate the reset time zone.