Operating system: Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10
Free hard drive space: at least 16 GB
RAM: at least 4 GB
- Gira X1 V1: Configuration/commissioning and maintenance functions
- Gira Logic Module V1: Maintenance functions
- Gira L1 V2: Configuration/commissioning and maintenance functions
- Gira G1 V1: Maintenance functions
- Gira KNX IP router V2: Firmware update
- Gira KNX IP router V3: Maintenance functions
"Maintenance functions" refers to firmware updates, restarts and factory resets which are carried out through the Action Center (GPA menu -> Action Center).
What's new in GPA V2.0
- New timer editor, incl. support for several switching times and astro function.
- New scene editor, incl. value specification and the ability to "ignore" selected devices (data points) within a scene.
- User management for creating Gira X1 app users and an installer for remote maintenance.
- Trade editor for changing standard trades.
- Allocation of a device password, incl. check of password strength, to increase protection against unauthorised access.
- Support for remote access via the Gira X1's OpenVPN server.
- Alongside the project copy, the runtime project, incl. all end customer changes, can now be read out from the Gira X1.
- There is an option to display group addresses along with the data point name.
- Direct call-up of the "big" data point view from all views, facilitating smooth working without changing views.
- Group addresses can be assigned to a data point by means of drag and drop.
- The data point monitor makes it possible to view and alter the data point values during runtime, and is therefore a helpful tool for commissioning and error analysis.
- The functions relevant to the project can be selected in "Project scope". This facilitates clear and tidy presentation of the main project view.
- List display of "Elements used" in the "Building and devices" view, making it possible to select and adjust functions, devices or building elements quickly and directly.
- The properties column can be hidden and shown in all views. This facilitates space-optimised presentation of the workspace.
- The GPA can be switched to full screen mode to make working on a small screen easier.
- Improvement in handling of the scroll bar.
Errors remedied in Gira L1 V2.0
(formerly Gira logic module)
- PID controller: Controller behaviour corrected when the "Active" parameter is set to "0".
- Telegram delayer: The telegram delayer's runtime behaviour has been improved.
- Position of the sun node: The position of the sun node now uses the correct time.
- The node input is now set correctly upon node initialisation via variable data point.
- Communication object / device data point "Runtime": Time is now displayed correctly.
- Teach-in of scenes: Teach-in of scenes in conjunction with listening group addresses has been improved.
Known errors in GPA V2.0
- It can happen that the GPA fails to find devices in the network. In this case, please close the GPA and start it again.
- Actions launched in a closed device, such as project transfer (GPA -> device), are not implemented after entry of the required device password. The action must be repeated following password entry.
- If the data type (KNX) in the group address table (not properties bar) is changed in the data point view and you then click directly on "Update", the setting is not adopted.
- Please note that when entering the default value (data point view), the entered value is not checked. For a correct entry, please observe the example text and the tool tip. In addition, the entry is different to further entries, for example in the logic editor or timer editor. Please always comply with the format required by the editor.
- Values that are written to a variable data point in simulation mode will not be passed on. This only applies to the simulation. The variable data points function as normal on the Gira L1.
- When converting GPA V1.x projects to GPA V2.x, the following items are not imported and require manual adaptation:
- Scenes - due to the restructuring of scenes you need to reconfigure the data point values of the individual scenes in the converted project.
- Timers - if trigger data points for a timer are used in the logic diagram (logic editor), these must be reassigned.
The GPA will inform you via the project checker and will take you directly to the affected input node.
- Locating a Gira L1 V1.x is not prevented.
Please note that you cannot configure and start up a Gira L1 V1.x using the GPA V2.0. To configure a Gira L1 V1.x, either carry out a firmware update to 2.x or alternatively use the GPA V1.3. After the firmware update, the Gira L1 is protected by a device password.
The password is "device".
Gira X1/L1: Entry of device password
Before a device action is carried out, it is recommended that you unlock the device separately. This can be done in the "Building and devices" view (right-click on the device -> lock/unlock device).
Password for a Gira L1 after updating the firmware
When you have updated the firmware of a Gira L1 for which no password had been previously assigned or which has no device password sticker, the new password following a firmware update is "device".
Please change the device password during configuration.
Gira X1/L1: Device does not belong to the project
If a project is copied or read out of a device, or the project copy is loaded from the device, the physical device has to be connected to the device template again.
Click on the located device and then click on "Undo device assignment" in the properties bar. The device will be shown under "New devices found" again and can then be pulled back over to the device template.
OpenVPN and DHCP
The OpenVPN function in the Gira X1 only works in conjunction with DHCP. There must be a DHCP server in the network and the Gira X1 network must be initialised via DHCP and not by means of static IP configuration. This is necessary in order for the OpenVPN server to be able to assign an IP address to connecting clients. Should you wish to always use the Gira X1 with a fixed IP address, you can generally configure the DHCP server (usually part of the Internet router) in such a way that it always assigns the same IP address to the Gira X1.
GPA: Simulation time
Please note that the simulation in the GPA uses UTC time.
Gira X1/L1: Saving retentive data
Retentive data is saved by the Gira L1 every 15 minutes. Data may be lost within this time period in the event of power failure.
Gira X1/L1: Provision of physical address requires application download
The Gira X1/L1 offers several physical addresses. When the physical address is programmed within the ETS, only the device address is adopted. The additional addresses are only adopted after downloading the application program.
Gira X1/L1: One-time delay for first event
After project download, the Gira X1/L1 responds to the first event with a delay of approx. 1 second.
GPA: Service "127.0.0.1" is not available“
A solution description is specified in the "Troubleshooting" directory. This is found in the installation directory of the Gira Project Assistant.
Example: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Gira\Gira Project Assistant\2.0\Troubleshooting"