Operating system: Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10
Free hard drive space: at least 16 GB
RAM: at least 4 GB
- Gira X1 V1: Configuration/commissioning and maintenance functions
- Gira Logic Module V1: Maintenance functions
- Gira L1 V2: Configuration/commissioning and maintenance functions
- Gira G1 V1: Maintenance functions
- Gira KNX IP router V2: Firmware update
- Gira KNX IP router V3: Maintenance functions
"Maintenance functions" refers to firmware updates, restarts and factory resets which are carried out through the Action Center (GPA menu -> Action Center).
What's new in GPA V2.1
- The start screen has been revised so that the most frequently used actions can be accessed directly.
- You can print out the entire configuration for your customer.
- You can store your customer's contact information in the project. This is printed out together with the project documentation.
- The GPA now informs you when a new GPA version or new device firmware is available for download.
- The device search can now be explicitly started. This is supported in the Action Center and in the device management tile.
- The GPA can also connect to remote devices via VPN using routers without multicast support. If the IP address of the device is known to GPA, this connection is automatically established. If the GPA does not know the IP address, it can be entered directly into the Action Center. To ensure optimum compatibility for access via VPN, please use the latest device firmware.
- In the "Device Management" view there are now fewer restrictions regarding where building elements, devices and functions can be placed.
- The settings for the NTP time server are now found in the project settings.
- The update of logic nodes has been improved and is now found directly in the "Logic pages" screen, if newer versions of the logic nodes are available.
- Improved connection quality between GPA and device.
- New GPA language: Chinese.
- Many improvements have been made to the stability and reliability of GPA.
Errors remedied in Gira L1 V2.1
- Logic editor: The simulation time is now the same as the PC time.
- Logic editor: The properties of a node are no longer displayed after a connection has been dragged, although the node was still selected. This malfunction has been resolved.
- Actions launched in a closed device, such as project transfer (GPA -> device), were not implemented after entry of the required device password. The action had to be repeated following password entry. This is no longer required from v2.1 and later.
Known errors in GPA V2.1
- If the data type (KNX) in the group address table (not properties bar) is changed in the data point view and you then click directly on "Update", the setting is not adopted.
- Please note that when entering the default value (data point view), the entered value is not checked. For a correct entry, please observe the example text and the tool tip. In addition, the entry is different to further entries, for example in the logic editor or timer editor. Please always comply with the format required by the editor.
- Values that are written to a variable data point in simulation mode will not be passed on. This only applies to the simulation. The variable data points function as normal on the Gira L1.
Gira X1/L1: Entry of device password
Before a device action is carried out, it is recommended that you unlock the device separately. This can be done in the "Building and devices" view (right-click on the device -> lock/unlock device).
Password for a Gira L1 after updating the firmware
When you have updated the firmware of a Gira L1 for which no password had been previously assigned or which has no device password sticker, the new password following a firmware update is "device".
Please change the device password during configuration.
Gira X1/L1: Device does not belong to the project
If a project is copied or read out of a device, or the project copy is loaded from the device, the physical device has to be connected to the device template again.
Click on the located device and then click on "Undo device assignment" in the properties bar. The device will be shown under "New devices found" again and can then be pulled back over to the device template.
OpenVPN and DHCP
The OpenVPN function in the Gira X1 only works in conjunction with DHCP. There must be a DHCP server in the network and the Gira X1 network must be initialised via DHCP and not by means of static IP configuration. This is necessary in order for the OpenVPN server to be able to assign an IP address to connecting clients. Should you wish to always use the Gira X1 with a fixed IP address, you can generally configure the DHCP server (usually part of the Internet router) in such a way that it always assigns the same IP address to the Gira X1.
Gira X1/L1: Saving retentive data
Retentive data is saved by the Gira L1 every 15 minutes. Data may be lost within this time period in the event of power failure.
Gira X1/L1: Provision of physical address requires application download
The Gira X1/L1 offers several physical addresses. When the physical address is programmed within the ETS, only the device address is adopted. The additional addresses are only adopted after downloading the application program.
Gira X1/L1: One-time delay for first event
After project download, the Gira X1/L1 responds to the first event with a delay of approx. 1 second.
GPA: Service "127.0.0.1" is not available“
A solution description is specified in the "Troubleshooting" directory. This is found in the installation directory of the Gira Project Assistant.
Example: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Gira\Gira Project Assistant\2.1\Troubleshooting"