Operating system: Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10
Free hard drive space: at least 16 GB
RAM: at least 4 GB
- Gira X1 V1: Configuration/commissioning and maintenance functions
- Gira Logic Module V1: Maintenance functions
- Gira L1 V2: Configuration/commissioning and maintenance functions
- Gira G1 V1: Maintenance functions
- Gira KNX IP router V2: Firmware update
- Gira KNX IP router V3: Maintenance functions
- Gira S1: Maintenance functions
"Maintenance functions" refers to firmware updates, restarts and factory resets which are carried out through the Action Center (GPA menu -> Action Center).
What's new in GPA V2.6
- Parametrisation of the new Gira X1 V2.1 functions - see release notes for Gira X1 V2.1.81.
- Data point values can be declared as retentive data and do not therefore lose their values in the event of a power failure.
- Gira S1 firmware update / restart / factory reset is now also possible via a Gira S1 remote access connection.
- Error handling for problems with the Gira S1/ise Remote Access has been improved.
- More than one device per project is supported. Maximum project scope: 5 x Gira L1 and 1 x Gira X1.
- The logic modules provided have been updated - see release notes for Gira X1 V2.1.81.
Errors fixed in GPA V2.6
- The message for checking geographical information when using astro functions now leads to the correct settings page.
- When using the Gira device portal it is no longer possible to load the project onto the device without entering the password.
- The safeguarding mechanisms of the database have been increased so that the power loss of the computer can no longer lead to an inconsistent database.
- The data point units are now updated correctly in the properties bar for the data point view.
OpenVPN and DHCP
The OpenVPN function in the Gira X1 only works in conjunction with DHCP. There must be a DHCP server in the network and the Gira X1 network must be initialised via DHCP and not by means of static IP configuration. This is necessary in order for the OpenVPN server to be able to assign an IP address to connecting clients. Should you wish to always use the Gira X1 with a fixed IP address, you can generally configure the DHCP server (usually part of the Internet router) in such a way that it always assigns the same IP address to the Gira X1.
Gira X1/L1: Saving retentive data
Retentive data is saved by the Gira L1 every 15 minutes. Data may be lost within this time period in the event of power failure.
Gira X1/L1: Provision of physical address requires application download
The Gira X1/L1 offers several physical addresses. When the physical address is programmed within the ETS, only the device address is adopted. The additional addresses are only adopted after downloading the application program.
Gira X1/L1: One-time delay for first event
After project download, the Gira X1/L1 responds to the first event with a delay of approx. 1 second.
GPA: Service "127.0.0.1" is not available“
A solution description is specified in the "Troubleshooting" directory. This is found in the installation directory of the Gira Project Assistant.
Example: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Gira\Gira Project Assistant\2.6\Troubleshooting"
Variable data points in the simulation
Values that are written to a variable data point in simulation mode will not be passed on. This only applies to the simulation. The variable data points function as normal on the Gira L1.
Firmware file cannot be added
If an error appears when adding a firmware file stating that the firmware file is not valid, there may be several causes for this, which are resolved as follows:
- It is not an official firmware file or the file has not been downloaded correctly or fully. In this case, download the firmware file again from https://download.gira.de.
- Not all the required Windows updates have been installed. In this case, install this update manually: https://www.microsoft.com/net/download/dotnet-framework-runtime/net462