Operating system: Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10
Free hard drive space: at least 16 GB
RAM: at least 4 GB
- Gira X1 V1: Configuration/commissioning and maintenance functions
- Gira DCS IP data interface V1: Configuration/commissioning and maintenance functions
- Gira Logic Module V1: Maintenance functions
- Gira L1 V2: Configuration/commissioning and maintenance functions
- Gira G1 V1: Maintenance functions
- Gira KNX IP router V2: Firmware update
- Gira KNX IP router V3: Maintenance functions
- Gira S1: Maintenance functions
"Maintenance functions" refers to firmware updates, restarts and factory resets which are carried out through the Action Center (GPA menu -> Action Center).
What's new in GPA V3.1
- Gira X1 supported with firmware version 2.2 and higher.
- You can now use logic nodes provided by third parties.
- KNX integration for device data points.
- Project scope redesigned.
- The 'update logic nodes' button will now only be displayed if any of the logic tabs actually use a node for which an update is available.
Errors fixed in GPA V3.1
- Data point values whose value is retained are now no longer overwritten by older or empty values during commissioning
- The following logic nodes have been updated:
- Counter - error fixed: Crash at start-up if the "Active" parameter is set to "1" and the alarm value has no start value as input.
- PI controller - error fixed: Crash at start-up if the "Active" parameter has no start value as input.
- PID controller - error fixed: Crash at start-up if the "Active" parameter has no start value as input.
- Heating/cooling controller - error fixed: Crash at start-up if the "Active" parameter has no start value as input.
- Watchdog - error fixed: Crash at start-up if certain parameters have no start value as input.
- Telegram generator - error fixed: Crash at start-up if the "Active" parameter is set to "1" and no cycle time is entered.
- Elapsed operating time meter - error fixed: Crash at start-up if the "Active" parameter has no start value as input or no save cycle time or alarm value is entered.
- Oscillator - error fixed: Crash at start-up if the "Active" parameter has no start value as input.
Known errors in GPA v3.1
The system may crash if two GPA instances are open when adding nodes created by external developers.
OpenVPN and DHCP
The OpenVPN function in the Gira X1 only works in conjunction with DHCP. There must be a DHCP server in the network and the Gira X1 network must be initialised via DHCP and not by means of static IP configuration. This is necessary in order for the OpenVPN server to be able to assign an IP address to connecting clients. Should you wish to always use the Gira X1 with a fixed IP address, you can generally configure the DHCP server (usually part of the Internet router) in such a way that it always assigns the same IP address to the Gira X1.
Gira X1/L1: Saving retentive data
Retentive data is saved by the Gira L1 every 15 minutes. Data may be lost within this time period in the event of power failure.
Gira X1/L1: Provision of physical address requires application download
The Gira X1/L1 offers several physical addresses. When the physical address is programmed within the ETS, only the device address is adopted. The additional addresses are only adopted after downloading the application program.
Gira X1/L1: One-time delay for first event
After project download, the Gira X1/L1 responds to the first event with a delay of approx. 1 second.
GPA: Service "127.0.0.1" is not available“
A solution description is specified in the "Troubleshooting" directory. This is found in the installation directory of the Gira Project Assistant.
Example: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Gira\Gira Project Assistant\3.1\Troubleshooting"
Variable data points in the simulation
Values that are written to a variable data point in simulation mode will not be passed on. This only applies to the simulation. The variable data points function as normal on the Gira L1.
Firmware file cannot be added
If an error appears when adding a firmware file stating that the firmware file is not valid, there may be several causes for this, which are resolved as follows:
- It is not an official firmware file or the file has not been downloaded correctly or fully. In this case, download the firmware file again from https://download.gira.de.
- Not all the required Windows updates have been installed. In this case, install this update manually: https://www.microsoft.com/net/download/dotnet-framework-runtime/net462