Experte Version 4.8.0
- Operating system: Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10
- Free hard drive space: at least 1 GB
- RAM: at least 2 GB
- Software platform: at least Microsoft .NET 4.5
The Expert Software 4.8.0 is to be used in conjunction with the following end devices:
- HomeServer 4
- FacilityServer 4
It is only possible to update to firmware version 4.8.0 from the following versions:
What's new in Expert v4.8.0?
Import of HSL2.0 logic nodes with additional data
The import mechanism for HSL2.0 logic nodes has been enhanced in such a way that additional data, such as UI elements or binary data, can also be imported directly.
Logic node 18027 "Integer in XML structure" updated
Logic node 18027 "Integer in XML structure" has been renamed to "Number in XML structure".
The help documentation has also been revised completely.
Display project ID reliably
To ensure that the correct/current project ID is always displayed in Expert, it must be requested specifically from Expert in version 4.8.0 and higher, if necessary.
A new menu item has been added in Expert for this purpose under: Expert / File / Determine project ID.
The project ID is now only generated in Expert when you click on "Transfer" and then on "Determine project ID".
This ensures that you always obtain the correct project ID and can compare this with the project ID on the device.
In Expert version 4.8.0 and higher, you can now only view the project ID under the "Determine project ID" function and on the Debug page.
Errors fixed in Expert v4.8.0
- Fixed: Gira HomeServer Expert slow when importing project and templates in Windows 10.
What's new in QuadClient / QuadConfig v4.8.0?
Language switching at runtime
You can use the "Multilingual function" to switch the system language and the descriptions of function templates and plug-ins on the QuadClient at runtime.
You can switch the language in the QuadClient in three ways:
- Via QuadClient system settings: The user can choose from the available languages using the "Region and language" option in the QuadClient system settings.
- Via change of user: A language can be assigned to a user in the QuadConfig so that the configured language is displayed automatically when there is a change of user.
- Via communication object: The language can be switched via a communication object, which is assigned to an end device.
Requirements / Information
- To ensure that function templates or plug-ins optimally support the language switching option, they may need to be adjusted.
- To ensure that function templates optimally support language switching, only variable texts should be used in them. Fixed texts cannot be taken into account when switching from one language to another.
- To ensure that plug-ins optimally support language switching, adjustments must be made to the plug-in. You can find all the information on the adjustments that need to be made at: https://www.entwicklerforum.gira.de/showthread.php?t=206
Main menu enhancement
With the enhancement to the main menu, it is now possible to open a submenu using a menu tile. As a result, the menu tile display can also be used on a further sublevel.
This enables you to group menu functions or structure the menu more clearly. The menu tiles in the submenu have the same functions as a menu tile in the main menu.
Furthermore, the long button press is now also available for the menu functions.
Thus, you can trigger different functions with one menu item depending on whether you use a short or a long button press. The long button press supports the following functions:
• Do not carry out action
• Open room
• Set value
• Switch value 0/Value
You can also assign PIN protection to the long button press.
It is possible to create a menu tile automatically in a "Plug-ins" menu folder for all configured plug-ins. The "Menu | Plug-ins" menu page lists all configured plug-ins, which trigger the corresponding plug-in call as an action. This function is useful for enabling you to access the required plug-in quickly, especially in projects containing a large number of plug-ins.
Direct function enhancement
You can assign a separate direct function to all four navigation buttons in the QuadClient.
App call-up enhancement
The "App call-up" menu function has been enhanced in such a way that the "Browser" option is now offered.
If you select the "Browser" app, an additional setting option called "Browser App URL" is available. The URL entered here is transferred when the browser is called. This means that you can call any URL via the system browser.
The Chrome browser is called in the Android operating system and the Safari browser in the iOS operating system.
Old static function templates removed from the setup
The old static function templates from the "Old (no longer use)" folder have been removed from the setup. The "Old" folder is displayed in the QuadConfig again as soon as an old function template is imported automatically or manually.
You can find all details on how to configure and use the functions in the help documentation for the QuadConfig.
Errors fixed in the QuadClient / QuadConfig v4.8.0
- Fixed: Function template 1-101 Switching plus: Timer texts interchanged
- Fixed: QuadClient: Button labels of the navigation button URL were not always displayed
- Fixed: Function template 1-107 Shutters Awnings Roof window: Roof window inverted - Arrow keys were displayed the other way round
- Fixed: Function template 1-119 HS scene: The step+ or step function did not work for the increase/reduce behaviour
- Fixed: Function template 1-118 Button Plus: Edge 0 button is not transferred during the copy process.
Change Log v4.7.0