Operating system: Windows 10
Free hard drive space: at least 16 GB
RAM: at least 4 GB
- Gira X1 v1: Configuration/commissioning and maintenance functions
- Gira DCS IP data interface v1: Configuration/commissioning and maintenance functions
- Gira Alarm Connect security system v1: Configuration/commissioning and
- Gira L1 v1: Maintenance functions
- Gira L1 v2: Configuration/commissioning and maintenance functions
- Gira G1 v1: Maintenance functions
- Gira KNX IP router v2: Firmware update
- Gira KNX IP router v3: Maintenance functions
- Gira S1: Maintenance functions
"Maintenance functions" refers to firmware updates, restarts and factory resets which are carried out through the Action Center (GPA menu -> Action Center).
What's new in GPA V4.0
- Configuration of the Gira Alarm Connect security system
- In order to increase security, the user is asked to change the factory-set device password when installing the Gira Alarm Connect security system.
- Completely revised firmware update procedure for catalogue and online devices. To find out more, please visit the GPA online help centre.
- Automatic assignment between catalogue and online device during commissioning.
- The device firmware to be used in the project can now be selected via the project settings.
- Only one device is now shown for each type in the device catalogue, rather than all firmware versions.
- The current firmware version of a device is always used in a new project. If an older version is to be used, this must be changed via “Project settings / Firmware management” at the start of the project.
- When the firmware of a catalogue device is updated in an existing project, a back-up copy is created so that the user has the option of reverting to the old version.
- Devices can be searched for in the device library under their item name or item number.
- For modular door communication devices such as the System 106 intercom module and the System 106 door station module, add-on modules were added to the main module using drag and drop in GPA version 3.x.
In GPA v4.0 on the other hand, the procedure has been changed to allow the main and add-on modules to be stored next to each other. Important: Only one main module and its add-on module can be put in place for each building
element. If you have located several main and add-on modules in a single building element in older projects, GPA v4.0 will ask you to split these into different building elements. The request is made via the project checking
- Password-protected KNXPROJ files can be imported into the GPA.
- Licensed logic modules can be used in the GPA. The available licences are displayed in the “Licence overview” tile.
Bugs that have been fixed in GPA v4.0
- Times set by the customer for triggering a scene were sometimes lost by the GPA after a restart.
- Several smaller bug fixes.
Gira X1 project: If the “Scene set” function is used to call up a scene in the project and if this “Scene set” function is given a timer via the Smart Home app, this timer information and thus the switching times are lost by the GPA after a restart, even though the “Accept device changes” option was selected.
OpenVPN and DHCP
The OpenVPN function in the Gira X1 only works in conjunction with DHCP. There must be a DHCP server in the network and the Gira X1 network must be initialised via DHCP and not by means of static IP configuration. This is necessary in order for the OpenVPN server to be able to assign an IP address to connecting clients. Should you wish to always use the Gira X1 with a fixed IP address, you can generally configure the DHCP server (usually part of the Internet router) in such a way that it always assigns the same IP address to the Gira X1.
Gira X1/L1: Saving retentive data
Retentive data is saved by the Gira L1 every 15 minutes. Data may be lost within this time period in the event of power failure.
Gira X1/L1: Provision of physical address requires application download
The Gira X1/L1 offers several physical addresses. When the physical address is programmed within the ETS, only the device address is adopted. The additional addresses are only adopted after downloading the application program.
Gira X1/L1: One-time delay for first event
After project download, the Gira X1/L1 responds to the first event with a delay of approx. 1 second.
Variable data points in the simulation
Values that are written to a variable data point in simulation mode will not be passed on. This only applies to the simulation. The variable data points function as normal on the Gira L1.
Firmware file cannot be added
If an error appears when adding a firmware file stating that the firmware file is not valid, there may be several causes for this, which are resolved as follows:
- It is not an official firmware file or the file has not been downloaded correctly or fully. In this case, download the firmware file again from https://download.gira.de.
- Not all the required Windows updates have been installed. In this case, install this update manually: https://www.microsoft.com/net/download/dotnet-framework-runtime/net462