Operating system: Windows 10
Free hard drive space: at least 16 GB
RAM: at least 4 GB
- Gira X1 v1: Configuration/commissioning and maintenance functions
- Gira DCS IP data interface v1: Configuration/commissioning and maintenance functions
- Gira Alarm Connect security system v1: Configuration/commissioning and
- Gira L1 v1: Maintenance functions
- Gira L1 v2: Configuration/commissioning and maintenance functions
- Gira G1 v1: Maintenance functions
- Gira KNX IP router v2: Firmware update
- Gira KNX IP router v3: Maintenance functions
- Gira S1: Maintenance functions
"Maintenance functions" refers to firmware updates, restarts and factory resets which are carried out through the Action Center (GPA menu -> Action Center).
What's new in GPA V4.1
- Gira X1 visualisation functions can be enabled for individual users in the user management.
By default, new users can view all functions in the Smart Home app.
- Symbols, room and function designations that have been changed via the Gira Smart Home app are displayed in the GPA when the project is read out.
- You can navigate directly from the properties area of the device to firmware management.
Bugs that have been fixed in GPA v4.1
- Gira X1 project: If the scene set function was used to call up a scene in the project and this scene set function was assigned a timer via the Smart Home app, this timer information and thus the switching times are lost by the GPA
when the device was restarted, even though the "Apply device changes" option was selected.
- The F1 help call did not work for security system views.
- The GPA was closed unintentionally once it was detected that a security system component did not have a hardware ID and the documentation function was started.
- If umlauts were used in long security component names, the alarm control unit may have rejected the project with an error message.
- The designation "Switch object" at the logic node for the partition control has been changed to "Input".
OpenVPN and DHCP
The OpenVPN function in the Gira X1 only works in conjunction with DHCP. There must be a DHCP server in the network and the Gira X1 network must be initialised via DHCP and not by means of static IP configuration. This is necessary in order for the OpenVPN server to be able to assign an IP address to connecting clients. Should you wish to always use the Gira X1 with a fixed IP address, you can generally configure the DHCP server (usually part of the Internet router) in such a way that it always assigns the same IP address to the Gira X1.
Gira X1/L1: Saving retentive data
Retentive data is saved by the Gira L1 every 15 minutes. Data may be lost within this time period in the event of power failure.
Gira X1/L1: Provision of physical address requires application download
The Gira X1/L1 offers several physical addresses. When the physical address is programmed within the ETS, only the device address is adopted. The additional addresses are only adopted after downloading the application program.
Gira X1/L1: One-time delay for first event
After project download, the Gira X1/L1 responds to the first event with a delay of approx. 1 second.
Variable data points in the simulation
Values that are written to a variable data point in simulation mode will not be passed on. This only applies to the simulation. The variable data points function as normal on the Gira L1.
Firmware file cannot be added
If an error appears when adding a firmware file stating that the firmware file is not valid, there may be several causes for this, which are resolved as follows:
- It is not an official firmware file or the file has not been downloaded correctly or fully. In this case, download the firmware file again from https://download.gira.de.
- Not all the required Windows updates have been installed. In this case, install this update manually: https://www.microsoft.com/net/download/dotnet-framework-runtime/net462