Gira Project Assistant (GPA) version: 4.1 or later. We recommend that you always use the latest available GPA version.
Firmware version: KNX Secure – Hotfix (device package v4.1.474)
Firmware version v4.1.474 is compatible with the following ETS versions and ETS product databases:
- ETS 3.0f or higher: v3.0 (KNX/IP router v3.0 901B30 and router applications v3.0 901A10).
- ETS 4.2 or higher: v3.5 (KNX/IP router v3.5 and router applications v3.5).
- ETS 5.6 or higher: v4.0 (KNX/IP router v4.0 and additional functions v4.0) The product databases v4.0 can be used on KNX IP routers from an index level >I02.
ETS configuration and start-up
Configuration and start-up of the device require the start-up software certified by the KNX Association, version ETS5.5.6 or higher. No separate product databases are available for older ETS versions (if necessary, please use one of the above-mentioned older versions of the ETS product database).
Bug fixes carried out
- Updating the KNX Data Security to the currently valid specification. This involves, among other things:
- Access Policy of PropertyDescription_Read
- Adjusting the access policies
- Adjusting the Master Reset behaviour
- Fixing a bug that caused the tunnelling connections to fail when multiple tunnelling connections were used.
- Fixing a bug that caused queries from NTP servers although the parameter “Use NTP server” was set to “No”.
- Fixing a bug in the data logger which caused changes to the timestamps in the telegram recordings due to NTP server queries. This meant that old files were not being deleted in the correct order.
- Fixing a bug in the data logger which meant that available storage was not completely used when using SD cards with a storage capacity >4 GB.
After the firmware update, the Gira KNX IP router will be protected by a device password.
Upon initial delivery, a default password is set. For devices with an index status of I14 or higher, the default password can be found on a sticker on the side of the Gira KNX IP router and on the enclosed Secure Card (GPA initial device password). For devices with an older index status (<I14) the password is “device”.
Please change the device password during configuration.
Note on compatibility with KNX TP line couplers
- Gira area/line couplers (item no.: 1096 00 and 0611 00): The KNX area/line couplers specified are variants that do not yet support the requirements for KNX Secure. If these couplers are used, it will not be possible to securely start up KNX Secure products via a TP line segment nor to enable group communication at runtime.
- Gira area/line couplers (item no.: 1023 00 with index level <I02): The KNX area/line couplers specified are variants that do not yet support the requirements for KNX Secure. If these couplers are used, it will not be possible to securely start up KNX Secure products via a TP line segment nor to enable group communication at runtime.